Close Close

Do I need a Dutch visa to work in the Netherlands?


Questions about careers, community or support?

Email us at

If you are a citizen of the European Union, you are entitled to free movement within the EU. This means you are free to live, work and study in any European country. You can move to the Netherlands with no visa and can start work immediately. You are entitled to all the same benefits and public services that a Dutch citizen enjoys. If you are from outside of the EU, you will need to apply for a long stay visa at the Dutch embassy in your own country. In most cases, you will need a job contract secured before you arrive. Your employer will apply for a work permit on your behalf. They will need to provide information about your salary and contract. If your application is successful, you will be allowed to stay in the country for as long as your work contract is valid. If you change jobs, while in the Netherlands, your new employer will need to reapply for a work permit.

Read more about Registration in the Netherlands – Work Permits.

Close Close
Close Close

Help others

{{ errors.first('first_name') }}
{{ errors.first('last_name') }}
{{ errors.first('email') }}
{{ errors.first('phone') }}
{{ errors.first('education_background') }}
By clicking the above button you agree to our terms of service and have read and understood our privacy policy.

Thank you for applying!

We will review your application and will reply within 5 days.

Close this window