Commissioning Engineer at one of the leading manufacturing companies in the South of Ireland.
Liebherr have been manufacturing cranes in their Killarney facility since 1958 and today Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd. designs, manufactures and installs a complete range of rail-mounted ship-to shore cranes, container stacking cranes, rubber tyre gantry cranes and straddle carriers. Liebherr started manufacturing gantry container cranes and ship to shore cranes in 1967. In 1972, Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd. was formed and is now responsible within the Liebherr Group for the worldwide marketing, design, manufacture, delivery, erection and servicing of rail mounted quayside container cranes and container stacking cranes.
Commissioning Engineer at Liebherr Ireland
County Kerry , Ireland
- Acting as company representative when on site as a member or lead of the site/commissioning team.
- Liaise with design, production, service and Installation departments.
- Commissioning of cranes in-house and after installation on site.
- Testing and completion of handover documentation and formalities on project completion
- Commissioning work to include:
- Start-up, verification and optimization of hardware systems
- Calibration of Variable Speed Inverter drives up to 1Mw
- Testing, Verification and revision of PLC Software systems.
- Training of Customer personnel both on site and in house.
- Handover and performance testing of completed machines
- Irish employment contract
- Annual leave 21 days plus 9 public holidays
- Pension after probation (7% of salary from the company)
- Flexi time (Core hours 8.30am – 4pm)
- Free parking
- Subsidized canteen
- Sports & social club
- Business casual environment
- Full relocation & integration support for expats
- Living and working in Ireland’s top scenic locations
- Work with a 100% family owned company
- Degree / Diploma in an Electrical/Electronic discipline or a minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Start-up and Commissioning of large Industrial systems.
- Proven technical skills with hands-on experience working with industrial automation and drive systems.
Liebherr is a Swiss company, originating from Germany, now operating out of more than 50 countries worldwide. Their largest facilities are in Germany, Australia, Britain, Ireland, Turkey, and the US. Liebherr comprises of 130 smaller companies specialising in 11 different sectors including cranes, mining, concrete, aerospace, transport, construction machinery, tools, and domestic appliances. They are the world’s largest manufacturer of cranes and produce the most powerful and tallest container crane on the planet. Capable of lifting over 3000 tonnes! They are extremely successful, with annual revenue of €10.5 billion, in 2018. The company employs a total workforce of over 46,000 people, internationally. 800 of them are based at the plant in Killarney, Co Kerry. Since 1958, Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd has been working out of Killarney and the port of Fenit producing ship-to-shore container cranes, rubber-tired and rail-mounted stacker cranes.Learn more about Liebherr
About County Kerry
County Kerry, otherwise known as ‘The Kingdom’, is the most iconic vision of Ireland you could ever find. With its dramatic coastline, emerald mountains and tumbling stone walls, its landscapes are straight off a picture postcard. Situated in the South West region of Munster, County Kerry is only 1 hr from the major cities of Cork and Limerick. County Kerry is easily accessible by road and rail, and there is even a regional airport flying daily to Germany, London, Spain and Portugal. The region has a small population of just 147,707 (2016). The primary town is Tralee Town, closely followed by the highly popular tourist destination of Killarney. The weather is surprisingly mild, due to the passing gulf stream. Living in Co Kerry can offer a great quality of life together with a low cost of living. The perfect combination!Learn more about County Kerry
Millions of expats have chosen to come, live and work in the Republic of Ireland. This English speaking European island has been influencing the world for generations. With good political and cultural connections with the EU, Britain and the US, Ireland is in a very strong position economically. With great job opportunities, a thriving industry and attractive lifestyle, it’s no wonder Ireland is an attractive prospect for ambitious individuals looking to further their career.Learn more about Ireland