Accomplish daily production goals with your team as a Manufacturing Engineer
Provide scientific understanding and technical engineering skills to meet business goals and objectives. Ability to coach, lead and enhance the productivity of technical reports within the business. Provide a structured framework for training of technical reports. Build collaborative relationships through strong teamwork across the organization.
Galway , Ireland
At our Manufacturing Engineering Department, we focus on providing Stable, Flexible and Cost Effective Manufacturing processes that produce the highest quality products through innovative engineering services and solutions. Manufacturing Engineers are directly involved in maintaining and continuously improving the manufacturing processes to the highest standards.
You can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams. You will have excellent verbal communication, presentation and technical writing skills, plus advanced computer literacy and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking. Experience in process development and introduction of new technology within the medical device industry desirable. Experience of process development for Electronic Devices is desirable. Experience in Stents or DES/DCB manufacturing is an advantage.
- Analyses process, product, material or equipment specifications and performance requirements.
- Under broad supervision / guidance compiles and analyses operational, test and experimental data to establish performance standards for newly implemented or modified products / processes.
- Summarises, analyses and draws conclusions from test results leading to effective technical resolution.
- Troubleshoots new products / process working closely with product development.
- Continually seeks to drive / improvements in process design, layout and operational performance.
- Demonstrates good working knowledge and application of validation techniques and associated regulatory requirements.
- Actively promotes and participates in a cross -functional teamwork environment.
- Evaluates in conjunction with EHS new equipment/processes/chemicals for environmental impact/effect to eliminate or lessen such impacts/effects.
- Gives technical guidance to Associate Engineers and technicians.
Is an influential team member, fully motivated to achieve and demonstrate best practices in line with the department and Site objectives.
This fulltime position offers competitive salaries and fantastic career progression. Benefits include; pension, healthcare for the employee and dependants, bonus and paid annual leave.
- Bachelor or Master qualification in a Technical Discipline (Science/ Engineering/ Biomedical etc.) with a minimum of 1-3 years relevant experience.
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well both as part of a team but also able to work on own with minimum supervision.
Galway is a harbour city on the Atlantic coast of the West of Ireland. It is Ireland’s 5th largest city with a population of nearly 80,000. Well-connected by road and rail networks to the larger cities of Dublin and Limerick, living in Galway offers the opportunity to experience real Irish life while still being reassuringly accessible. Serviced by two international airports within an hours drive, Shannon Airport and Ireland West Airport in Mayo, it’s a short flight from London and all the major European cities.Learn more about Galway
Millions of expats have chosen to come, live and work in the Republic of Ireland. This English speaking European island has been influencing the world for generations. With good political and cultural connections with the EU, Britain and the US, Ireland is in a very strong position economically. With great job opportunities, a thriving industry and attractive lifestyle, it’s no wonder Ireland is an attractive prospect for ambitious individuals looking to further their career.Learn more about Ireland