The Engineering Department is responsible for providing innovative, cost effective Engineering services and solutions in all areas of Bluewater’s business, ensuring a responsible approach to client requirements; international rules and regulations and HSEQ obligations in order to contribute to the realization of the company’s goals and strategy. The Mooring and Subsea Section is part of the Engineering Department and is responsible for the design and engineering of the mooring lines and flexible risers of Single Point Mooring Systems and F(P)SOs as well as determining design loads for structural and mechanical components to be designed and engineered in the respective engineering sections. The engineering activities are performed using state of the art time domain simulation tools, supported by model tests and in-house developed pre- and post-processing tools which are improved continuously.
As Hydrodynamics Engineer in the Mooring & Subsea Section you are responsible for delivering the engineering output of the mooring & subsea work scope of any type of job, in line with the project’s technical specification, budget and planning. You reply in time to requests and queries from other disciplines, site, client, certifying authority and vendors. You report to the Project (Lead) Engineer on progress, set backs and assist in obtaining client and third party approval on the project. You support the After Sales and Operations Departments with queries and requests on existing systems. As Bluewater witness/representative you travel to offshore installations. You signal technical risks and anomalies in projects to your Section Head. Also, you can be assigned to take on the role of Lead Engineer on a project.
We know changing your career and country is a big step. We make sure moving to the Netherlands will be a beneficiary step for you, in terms of:
- Dutch employment contract;
- Holiday pay (8% of annual gross income), 38 vacation days, (max) 7 bank holidays;
- Pension scheme, full payment during incapacity of work, accident insurance, supplementary occupational disability insurance and a collective health insurance;
- We support your relocation to the Netherlands including working permit, social security registration
- A personal development program and introduction to our large expat community with several social events a year.
An analytically strong Engineer who can act independently as well as in a project team. You have a
creative mind set and enjoy solving problems. Furthermore you have:
• degree in offshore floating structures, hydrodynamics, naval architecture or civil engineering,
• affinity for mathematics, statistical analysis and signal processing,
• knowledge of relevant international design codes and standards (ISO, ABS, DNV, LR, BV, HSE,
• computer literacy for discipline calculations, post-processing, document processing, spreadsheets,
• good understanding of the English language, verbally as well as in writing,
• strong communication and motivating skills