Managing of ongoing optical research activities and relationships with technology partners. Ensuring that all project-related tasks are not forgotten, deadlines are met, and team members are provided with critical information in time.
• Tracking ongoing projects status and synchronizing with other R&D teams to make their leads aware of project progress, delays, possible risks, etc.
• Planning of department purchases and tracking their status (in contact with logistics department); participating in budgeting process
• Communicating with equipment, technology and service providers; planning and participating in on-site visits, primarily in EU, negotiations
• Arranging visits to the Company premises in context of technical collaboration (managing the logistics, agenda, acting as a department representative, etc.)
• Preparing reports, presentations, analytics and correspondence on request
During probation period the following tasks are to be accomplished
• Take over department consolidated time reporting on research and development activities, in contact with team leaders.
• Take administrative lead in laser development project ensuring that actual project status is tracked and reported, work of all subcontractor is proceeding on schedule and is reflected in project plan.
• Understand optical requirements (ISO 10110) and take technical lead in the process of procurement of optical components for ongoing optical prototypes (in contact with logistics department).
• Work in an up-and-coming technological startup, leader of holographic AR displays on the global tech scene
• A vibrant community of about 250 bright engineers, designers, scientists, and other professionals
• Growth opportunities in a dynamic technological environment where breakthrough solutions are inspired by visionaries, created by engineers, and delivered to everyone
• Higher technical education, preferably in the area of optics or lasers
• Residence in Europe, ideally in Switzerland (Zurich) or Germany or willingness to relocate
• Willingness to travel
• At least 3 years’ experience in optical industry
• Native/ fluent English
• On-hands experience in Zemax/ CodeV/ LasCad (please include reference projects)
• On-hands experience in practical optics (please include reference projects)
• Native or Fluent in German