As a senior mechanical engineer you are key in engineering new innovative quality Vision Care products in internationals friendly Limerick
Johnson & Johnson Vistakon Ireland is located in Limerick and produces the Acuvue range of contact lenses which is the leading contact lens product in the world. Our Limerick site uses the most advanced technology in the industry and we now employ over 900 people directly. Using our highly automated production process, we produce daily disposable contact lenses while utilizing state of the art technologies such as injection moulding, robotics, vision systems and sterilization systems.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Limerick , Ireland
As Senior Mechanical Engineer you are Key to the success of the Vision Care business is the ability to deliver new, innovative, quality products to our customers in a timely and cost-effective manner. You will be a core team member in New Product Introduction and Manufacturing Platform Development projects with specific accountabilities for the area of Manufacturing Equipment performance.
- Management of Engineering Projects with responsibility for on-time, on-budget delivery of engineering projects.
- Leading Projects through detailed plans and execution on innovative change across assigned assets, both equipment upgrades and equipment optimizations.
- Adherence to site and legislative safety standards and other relevant regulations. All employees are responsible for minimizing both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform.
- Work as a technical Core Team member on New Product Introduction (NPI) projects with full accountability to define and lead the activities.
- Active contribution to the Site Value Stream Management Team by proactively looking for areas to improve both within Engineering and across the business.
- Contractor and Vendor resource management to facilitate attainment of project or team goals within established timelines and budgets
We know changing your career and country is a big step. We make sure moving to Ireland will be a beneficiary step for you, in terms of:
- Irish employment contract;
- Competitive salary;
- Income tax rate 20-40%;
- Annual leave 21 days plus 9 public holidays;
- Employer co-paid pension scheme, accident insurance ;
- Optional benefits in Ireland include: travel allowance, free parking, subsidized meals, sports facilities, workplace nursery for children, mobile phone, flexible working time;
- Full relocation and integration support for expats;
- Living and working in Ireland’s top scenic locations;
- A minimum qualification of Level 8 B.Eng. honours degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 8+ years engineering experience in the areas of equipment design, installation, commissioning, and validation and OEE performance improvement in a fully automated high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, root-cause and data analysis skills with a strong attention to detail are required.
- Project Management experience is preferred with a proven track-record of having successfully completed projects.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and to facilitate and resolve cross-functional activities and issues.
- Experience using process improvement techniques such as Six Sigma and lean preferred.
- Statistical Engineering/Green/Black Belt Certification preferable but not essential.
With a population of 200,000, Limerick is Ireland's third largest city and is the capital of the midwest region. Located on the banks of the River Shannon, it is becoming known as the commercial and administrative centre of Ireland. Conveniently located just 25 kilometres from Shannon International Airport, which is cleared for US customs, you can get here from just about anywhere in the world. It has excellent road networks with 6 main motorways converging in the city. It is only 2.5 hours drive from Dublin and is served by an hourly bus service. For such a large city the traffic is surprisingly manageable and most commutes are over in under 30 minutes. Along with the lower cost of living in Limerick, it's no wonder so many people are choosing to relocate here.Learn more about Limerick
Millions of expats have chosen to come, live and work in the Republic of Ireland. This English speaking European island has been influencing the world for generations. With good political and cultural connections with the EU, Britain and the US, Ireland is in a very strong position economically. With great job opportunities, a thriving industry and attractive lifestyle, it’s no wonder Ireland is an attractive prospect for ambitious individuals looking to further their career.Learn more about Ireland