Within Philips Healthcare in Best, BU Image Guided Therapy Systems is responsible for marketing, development and manufacturing of X-ray systems in the area of cardiac or vascular medical diagnosis and intervention (like “dotter” treatment). The customers are hospitals, medical specialists and universities. Philips Healthcare develops and manufactures best-in-class medical products. One of its success products is the Azurion platform. This platform allows our customers to easily and confidently perform procedures with an unrivaled user experience, helping them to optimize lab performance and to provide superior care.
You will be contributing to a team responsible for developing the software that manages and controls the video routing for the X-ray system. Delivering high quality X-ray images in real-time is essential for this application. You will be working closely with the Software Engineers, system integrators and system testers.
• Drive the creation of the software architecture in modular, easy to maintain and extendable parts (components and modules).
• Formulate the SW-technical roadmap, relevant for the subsystem taking into account SW technologies (operating systems, databases), application trends, non-SW technologies (image processing trends etc.)
• Conduct Concept & Feasibility studies. Lead the introduction of new technologies.
• Technically responsible for the software in (sub-) projects. Delegate, control and verify that the SW is built against the defined SW architecture. Verify that the integration is according to the architecture.
• Ensure the mutual consistency and efficient integration of the separate components in modular, easy-to-maintain software that meets the product specification
• Guide the Software Development Engineers in the design and implementation of the parts of a subsystem.
• Participate in the system architecture definition and in the Product Requirement Specification; advises the System Architect regarding choices of what has to be achieved in hardware and what in software (multidisciplinary), and advises on make-or-buy decisions.
• Develop the required subsystem interface (hardware/software) in close consultation with hardware counterparts.
• Keep expertise in design techniques, application domain and SW engineering up-to-date and propagate it, both internal and external.
• Advise on internal development or outsourcing.
• Influence the choice of development environment and driving the top-level software design.
• Network with colleagues within BU and beyond and maintains external contacts for benchmarking, new SW-technologies, tooling, design methods, and reflects them to the SW-group.
• Abreast of / participate in standards.
• Contribute to (SW-) technology roadmaps and other strategic related activities.
• Contribute to the Work Breakdown Structure/ the planning process of his/her area.
• Inspire other team members to get the job done.
We know changing your career and country is a big step. We make sure moving to the Netherlands will be a beneficiary step for you, in terms of:
- Dutch employment contract;
- Good competitive salary conditions (ask for details);
- Holiday pay (8% of annual gross income), 24 vacation days, (max) 7 bank holidays;
- Overtime, travel and shift compensation according collective labor agreements;
- Pension scheme, full payment during incapacity of work, accident insurance, supplementary occupational disability insurance and a collective health insurance;
- We support your relocation to the Netherlands including working permit, social security registration
- A personal development program and introduction to our large expat community with several social events a year.
• Master’s degree in informatics, computer science, electrical engineering or related fields
• 10+ years of experience in technical software development
• C++ 11 knowledge
• Consistent track record in defining and maintaining complex software architecture
• Software modeling experience (UML, DSL, Dezyne, …)
• Experienced in working with legacy code
• Windows 7/10
• Preferably experience with using and building DSL’s (Xtext/Xtend)
• Can do style