This organization is a $3.9 billion leading global developer, manufacturer and distributor of tool and equipment solutions for professional technicians, motor service shop owners, specialty repair centres, original equipment manufacturers, and industrial tool users world-wide. Product lines include hand and power tools, diagnostics and shop equipment, tool storage products, diagnostics software and other solutions for the transportation and industrial service industries.
It’s mission is to create value by providing innovative solutions to the transportation service and industrial markets worldwide. The company has long been the leader in producing the highest quality hand tools for the professional technician, but today, it is more than a hand tool company.
The Cork facility is one of several global engineering sites and employs over 70 development professionals. The European Vehicle Communication Software (VCS) team consists of 30 people within the Cork facility, operating within a wider team of employees located in the US, China, Australia, Mexico and Brazil.
This company is seeking to hire an outstanding professional to assist in their Vehicle Communication Software (VCS) team maintain and release quality software products. Candidates must possess a keen interest in software development best practice. The candidate should be self-motivated, able to work on his/her own initiative and be able to work in a team environment.
- 26 days annual leave (plus 9 public holidays)
- Pension after probation (5% of salary from the company)
- Vhi from day one- approx value of €1100
- Flexi-time (Core hours of 9.30-4pm)
- Paid sick leave
- Free parking onsite
- Business casual environment
- Small environment (circa 70 onsite) meaning that the culture is a close-knit, employee-focused environment, but also taking our roots in a large, successful multinational organisation.
Essential Skills Required:
- Experienced in C/C++
- Embedded systems development for 32-bit microcontrollers
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills
- GUI development experience
- Experience integrating with web services
- Self-motivated, results oriented with the ability to deliver the highest-quality software using industry best-practice methodologies
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
The following skills are not essential, but desirable:
- Cross-platform development using a range of IDE’s
- Proficient with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 or later
- Knowledge of internet protocols HTTP, TCP/IP
- Demonstrated knowledge of test driven development, unit testing/refactoring
- Team-oriented attitude
- Experience working with source control systems
- Interest in automotive/industrial technologies
Educational Experience Requirements
- Degree in Software Development or an equivalent discipline
- 3-5 years’ experience in software development
Successful Candidates Roles and Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Design and implementation of software for handheld automotive diagnostic products
- Collaborate with global Product Development Teams in all locations
- Collaborate with Applications Engineers in the development of innovative software solutions for vehicle specific functions and issues.
- Product validation and testing
- Other duties as required by the manager