Welding steel structural components and preparing them for shotblasting and painting at Liebherr Ireland
The Welder will be responsible for welding steel structural components and preparing them for shotblasting and painting. Produce parts to a high quality and standard, and in an efficient manner to meet production and shipping demands
Welder at Liebherr Ireland
County Kerry , Ireland
- Complete welding of structural steel components for the products. MIG / MAG welding processes.
- Follow company welding procedures and specifications.
- Use of hand held welding torches, programmable welding cars, robotic / CNC welders, air arc gougers, angle and internal grinders.
- Single pass and multi pass welds.
- Lifting and moving components.
- Adhering to quality control standards and inspections, repair of welds as necessary.
- Cleaning and dressing welds (Removing spatter, imperfections etc.) following weld completion.
- Removing defective welds and completing repairs as required.
- Irish employment contract
- Annual leave 21 days plus 9 public holidays
- Pension after probation (7% of salary from the company)
- Flexi time (Core hours 8.30am – 4pm)
- Free parking
- Subsidized canteen
- Sports & social club
- Business casual environment
- Full relocation & integration support for expats
- Living and working in Ireland’s top scenic locations
- Work with a 100% family owned company
- A recognised Metal Fabricator / Welder trade apprenticeship or an advanced welding training course.
- Applicants must be trained and coded to ISO9606, EN287 or an equivalent recognized standard.
- Experience in MIG / MAG semis automatic welding processes using CO2 and mixed gases is essential.
- Experience reading welding symbols and working in accordance with company welding procedures is necessary.
- Proven track record in the use of automatic welding plants including robotic welders is advantageous.
- Experience in the use of overhead cranes and lifting equipment considered an advantage.
- Proven experience with heavy steel construction would be considered advantageous.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience required.
Liebherr is a Swiss company, originating from Germany, now operating out of more than 50 countries worldwide. Their largest facilities are in Germany, Australia, Britain, Ireland, Turkey, and the US. Liebherr comprises of 130 smaller companies specialising in 11 different sectors including cranes, mining, concrete, aerospace, transport, construction machinery, tools, and domestic appliances. They are the world’s largest manufacturer of cranes and produce the most powerful and tallest container crane on the planet. Capable of lifting over 3000 tonnes! They are extremely successful, with annual revenue of €10.5 billion, in 2018. The company employs a total workforce of over 46,000 people, internationally. 800 of them are based at the plant in Killarney, Co Kerry. Since 1958, Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd has been working out of Killarney and the port of Fenit producing ship-to-shore container cranes, rubber-tired and rail-mounted stacker cranes.Learn more about Liebherr
About County Kerry
County Kerry, otherwise known as ‘The Kingdom’, is the most iconic vision of Ireland you could ever find. With its dramatic coastline, emerald mountains and tumbling stone walls, its landscapes are straight off a picture postcard. Situated in the South West region of Munster, County Kerry is only 1 hr from the major cities of Cork and Limerick. County Kerry is easily accessible by road and rail, and there is even a regional airport flying daily to Germany, London, Spain and Portugal. The region has a small population of just 147,707 (2016). The primary town is Tralee Town, closely followed by the highly popular tourist destination of Killarney. The weather is surprisingly mild, due to the passing gulf stream. Living in Co Kerry can offer a great quality of life together with a low cost of living. The perfect combination!Learn more about County Kerry
Millions of expats have chosen to come, live and work in the Republic of Ireland. This English speaking European island has been influencing the world for generations. With good political and cultural connections with the EU, Britain and the US, Ireland is in a very strong position economically. With great job opportunities, a thriving industry and attractive lifestyle, it’s no wonder Ireland is an attractive prospect for ambitious individuals looking to further their career.Learn more about Ireland